Chamber of Commerce
- 8 a.m.
- 1st Wednesday of the month/Quarterly Lunch Meetings
- City Hall
- Please "Like" the Chamber Facebook page to receive the latest Chamber information: https://www.facebook.com/cityofmarlette
Board of Directors
- John Scott, President
- Sara Redman, Vice President
- Sarah Kady, Secretary/Treasurer
- Keith Donley, Trustee
- Kendra Jickling, Trustee
Benefits of Being a Member
- Advertising & Promotion of Chamber Members
- Monthly Chamber Communications (E-Mail Updates)
- Keynote Speakers & Education Sessions
- Shop Local Campaign (Includes Chamber Buck Program)
- Business Networking & Information Sharing
- Ensuring the Continuation of Annual Community Festivals & Events
- More Membership Exposure on Chamber Facebook Page & Website
- Link your organization to our Facebook Page: Marlette Area Chamber of Commerce
- Link your organization to the City Website: www.cityofmarlette.com
Sub-Committees meet once every month or every other month to conduct specific business relating to the committee and then share committee updates at the monthly scheduled Chamber meetings. Chamber sub-committees quite often collaborate with other city/community boards, committees, churches and the local school district in an effort to work together on local events and community visions.
This committee is designed to focus on local business promotion, advertising and marketing. These functions include but are not limited to Business Spotlights, Ribbon Cuttings, and Welcome Packets. Other monthly interaction with area businesses is steered through the Local Newspapers, the City’s Webpage, the Chamber Facebook page, E-mail communications, Chamber Newsletter, and Chamber Brochures. In addition to all this, they also promote the “Shop Local” business campaign and the “Chamber Buck” program.
EDUCATION/CHAMBER EVENT COMMITTEE:
The Education/Chamber Event Committees role is to strengthen area businesses by offering educational sessions with key note speakers covering specific topics that are relatable and a benefit to local businesses, small town investments, business exposure, website presence, etc. The Chamber offers “Lunch and Learn” education sessions typically held twice a year and also coordinates bi-annual “Meet and Greets” that are hosted by area businesses (with the sponsorship of the Chamber). This is a good networking opportunity for area businesses. The events side of the committee organizes Chamber events such as Trick or Trail, Country Christmas, Chamber Dinner & Show, Country Fair Days, etc. They also help support other area events hosted by businesses, civic organizations, and churches.
The Chamber Membership committee is responsible for developing the annual Chamber Membership Letter that is to be mailed out annually each year in January along with welcoming and interacting with businesses that are new to the area or are not currently Chamber members and/or are not presently active in the chamber. The goal of this committee is to help the Chamber grow in numbers and cultivate community involvement along with making new businesses feel welcome and provide them with any information/direction they may need to get involved and become more familiar with Marlette. It is recommended that this committee order a “welcome gift and/or plant” to be delivered to new businesses on behalf of the Chamber. This committee is also responsible for ordering Chamber membership “window clings” on an annual basis that can be displayed in area business windows showing they are committed to local area business success.
To join a Chamber Sub-Committee, please attend a monthly Chamber meeting to receive more information.